About Salem Creek
Salem Creek was founded in 1982 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina and is one of the most unique specialty retailers of its kind. The store features shoppes of quality merchandise from vendors all over the world and right here in North Carolina. The Christmas Shoppe, a year-round Christmas shoppe within the store, offers a full array of collectibles and decorative accessories for the holiday season. Christopher Radko, Old World, Department 56, Steinbach, Byers Choice Carolers and Snowbabies are just a few of the lines displayed in this holiday shoppe.
Other shoppes include the popular Vera Bradley showcase which changes each season. Handbags, accessories, luggage, beachwear, eyeglasses and stationery reflect the colors of your life. The American Home Furniture Gallery provides all the furniture and home decor you could need to update your home. With the addition of our Gourmet Shoppe, Salem Creek offers a variety of goodies for you or for someone who deserves a special gift basket. Jewelry, jewelry, jewelry, who could say more! Brighton, Loribonn, Kameleon/Jewel Pop, Susan Shaw, Spartina, sterling silver and fashion jewelry continually change so there is always something new for you.
Store themes change with every season. Summer features an abundance of floral stems and wreaths. Potpourris and scented candles with fragrances of the season fill the air. Gourmet foods and candies, garden rabbits, and collectibles make the season special. Fall arrives in the store in July, and this is one of the loveliest times in the store. Fall floral and potpourris, pumpkins and ghosts, Halloween decorations and gifts, cinnamon cider and various autumn food mixes make this season extra special. The Department 56 Showroom will astound you with its magnificently scary Halloween Village display.
The Christmas season opens in full swing beginning with Christmas Open House, the second Sunday in November. The store transcends to a wonderland almost overnight. Breathtaking displays with decorated trees of all shapes and sizes make Christmas the most special of all seasons. The smells and sounds of Christmas abound throughout every corner of the store. Gourmet food is a popular option during this season. Lighted village houses, collectible ornaments, special jewelry selections and calendars for the upcoming year are a sampling of Salem Creek's Holiday gift lines.
History of Salem Creek
- 1982 Salem Creek opened in a small building off Old Salisbury Road and remained there until 1984 when the store moved to a 3,000 square foot facility on Trenwest Drive.
- 1986 Salem Creek opened its second store in Roanoke, Virginia which was sold in 2004.
- 1988 A third store opened in Raleigh which operated for three years before closing.
- 1990 On September 28, Salem Creek moved into its new and final location on Hanes Mall Boulevard in front of the brand new Pavilions Shopping Center. Floor space was approximately 16,000 square feet on the ground level. The upper level was used as office space.
- 2000 A new 3,000 square foot addition was completed in December including covered parking at the front entrance.
- 2012 A public elevator was added along with the expansion of the new Gourmet Shop and Vera Bradley department.